Thursday, May 29, 2008

wishing

Tonight, we waited by a water fountain as other members of our family came trickling into our little Riverside Plaza where we had a yummy Japanese dinner at Ooka. The girls were patiently waiting on a bench and then sprinted towards the fountain. A few moments later they returned and asked for money to make a wish. I obliged and dug out all of the pennies from my wallet. I reminded them about the wish rule of breaking the silence and announcing your wish will sadly mean that the wish will not come true. Not even two seconds later, Big girl announced that her wish is to be reunited with her parents. I'm pretty sure she wasn't listening to my announcement about the wish rule or maybe she was confused and thought you had to announce the wish in order for it to come true. I'm sure you can guess what my wish was.

Speaking of Big Girl, her teacher motioned me over and told me that Big girl was really sad and down this morning, right after she got to school. The teacher asked what was the matter and Big girl replied that she was missing her mom. The teacher asked if she was speaking of her birth mom and Big Girl said - No, My foster mom. The teacher then proceeded to give me some very cool atta girls and know I'm in love with Big Girls teacher - just like she is. I got completely choked up ( Thank you Chlomid for effing me up in the emotional availability department, ever since I took that med - I can literally cry at ANYTHING. That will be a whole other post) and struggled to hold back some pretty major waterworks.

Another cute moment with Big Girl happened this evening as I was drying her hair. She asked what the plans were for this weekend and I mentioned the usual: chores, homework and staying in jammies till noon on Saturday (Yah, right). She asked if we could go on a picnic, (wait, it gets better) wear very pretty dresses and put flowers in our hair. I could barely speak, all I wanted to do was grab her, hug her and tell her that we can do picnics- EVERYDAY with flowers in our hair and the prettiest dresses she can imagine. I managed to expel a semi-decent response. Duane broke the tension and asked her if he had to wear a dress also, she giggled. I'm so glad she is focusing on being a little girl instead of worrying about big stuff.

Tomorrow the girls see their parents, depending on their mood, once they return we are planning to take them for their inaugural visit to Chuck E. Cheese - you know the place where a kid can be a kid.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend.

6 comments:

Jules said...

Just lovely, Kara. :)

Io said...

I haven't ever taken Clomid, but I am emotional reading this! Big girl sounds like such a sweetheart and you sounds like such a great mom. I hope you guys go to Chuck E. Cheese and have lots of fun!

kate said...

Urgh, my heart just melted into a puddle reading about having a picnic wearing dresses and flowers! Makes me want to forget this school crap and have a baby NOW... Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh I would love to have picnics wearing flowers and dresses. WOW! What sweet kids... I'm crossing my fingers that it all works out!

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Uhmn ... yeah. I don't know I'd be able to keep my composure! Just reading this makes me wanna scoop up Big Girl and never let her go ...

Waiting to hear about the inaugural trip to the Cheese house!

c.borbolla said...

Kara, I found your blog by pure luck. I am from Mexico and all I want to say is how much I admire your courage and your being a perfect person!

Blessings to your and your family...