Thursday, May 22, 2008

Could this day get ANY better?

I just got off of the phone with a nice lady from the school district we reside in asking if I would like to have an interview. I, of course, accepted in the most calm manner I could muster. Send good interview vibes my way for next Tuesday at 9:45 AM. I asked if I needed to bring anything and her reply was " A portfolio would be nice". Crap. I've yet to take portfolio 101. I'm guessing it would include a mock lesson plan, anyone have any idea of any other material to include? I know they do not need my resume, college transcripts, TB test, CBEST scores, ELL workshop registration confirmation, Intern Eligible credential letter, State Clearance, 3 letters of recommendation, as these items were mailed to them.

YAY - my life is (finally) coming together...

2 comments:

kate said...

I don't know what one would put in a portfolio, but I do want to say CONGRATS on the interview. I'll be thinking of you.

Io said...

http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=4148
This site does a good job of explaining what a portfolio should look like. I still have my old portfolio sitting around and it's basically like that.
Good luck!